INFINITE DIVERSITY IN INFINITE COMBINATIONS
Update: We are postponing the next book club read until April.The schedule below has been updated to reflect this. For more information as to why we are postponing it, please read this post.
Soon, we will be wrapping up our discussions about Q Squared by Peter David (Please feel free to start your own discussion topics in the forums. There is no need to wait for me). Now, it’s time to start entering your suggestions for the United Federation of Planets Book Club’s March read.
The tentative schedule for our next book is as follows (subject to change):
- Now until February 28, 2014 – People who are planning to participate enter their book suggestions into the Google Drive spreadsheet.
- March 1 – 14, 2014 – A poll will be posted on the United Federation of Planets website, consisting of those suggestions. Participants vote.
- March 15, 2014 – March’s book will be announced.
- March 15 – March 31, 2014 – People will purchase, or borrow from their local library, a copy of the selected book. They can begin reading if they choose.
- March 31, 2014 – Discussion and reading schedule will be posted on the United Federations of Planets website, both as a post and in the discussion forums.
- April 2014 – Weekly discussions about the book on the United Federation of Planets discussion forums.
- April 15, 2014 – Time to start inputting suggestions for May’s book.
Another reminder: To participate in the book club discussions, you need to be a registered member of the United Federation of Planets, and you need to active your account. If you fill out the registration form and do not receive the activation email, please check your spam folder.
Also, there will be a new special badge for those who participate in the discussions for March’s book. It will be styled like the special January book club badge, but will feature a new alien. The first time I see you either post a discussion topic or reply to a discussion topic, I will activate your reward. Plus, you’ll get other rewards and ranks, simply by participating.
If there is a book you’d like to read during the month of March, then simply enter it in the spreadsheet below. Then return on February 1, 2014, to start voting.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.
I look forward to reading and talking Star Trek with you. Live Long and Prosper.
Image commissioned from Matt Schubbe.